Family Office Fundamentals: Human Capital Matters
Mark Somers, Founder of the Somers Partnership has released a new book for the Principals of family offices and the people who work for them. This book guides you through creating, staffing and future-proofing a family office through the lens of Human Capital.
It includes unique insight from 50 family office thought leaders including Principals, subject matter experts, consultants and academics and offers insider knowledge and practical advice on family offices including:
• The role of a family office
• Family office structures
• Setting up or recreating a family office (NextGen/ReGen)
• Recruitment - finding the right team
• Recruitment process
• Neurodiversity within family offices
• Succession and future-proofing family offices
• Family office compensation
Family Office Fundamentals delivers a unique view of building and maintaining a family office which argues that Human Capital is more important than Financial Capital in the long term success of a family office, because without the former, the latter quickly dissipates.
Purchase a hardback copy of Family Office Fundamentals: Human Capital Matters.
We will also be releasing an audiobook version of the book which will be available soon, to register your interest in the audiobook, please email email@example.com
Inside Family Office Fundamentals: Human Capital Matters
Are you considering a family office to protect your wealth for your children and future generations? Do you already have a family office and are considering succession planning either within the family or the family office itself? Or are you about to inherit a family office and need a practical guide to help you as you take on more responsibility?
Family Office Fundamentals provides a wealth of information and knowledge from leading lights within the family office ecosystem to help guide you through the process of establishing a family office, attracting and retaining the right talent to steer the ship and succession planning for your family office to ensure the long term success of your family office for generations to come.
Mark Somers and the team have spent over a year writing, researching, and sourcing information for this book, interviewing over fifty contributors from the global family office ecosystem who have all infused their own thoughts and opinions into the pages of this book. As a result, it offers unrivalled insight into the inner workings of a family office, giving you an invaluable resource as you navigate your own family office journey.
A must-read book for Family Office Principals and professionals
Family Office Fundamentals: Human Capital Matters is essential reading for everyone in the family office ecosystem, but is particularly written to help:
1. Principals of family offices or wealth creators who are considering creating a family office will find this book invaluable. Family Office Fundamentals offers you step by step advice on creating and staffing your family office, including how to structure a family office, who to hire first and family office governance. We look at how neurodiversity can impact a family office and how the family office can support a neurodiverse Principal or family members to the benefit of all.
2. Gen2 and beyond will find this book invaluable as you prepare to inherit your family office. You are in a unique position to shape the future of the family office and ensure your interests are considered whilst continuing to protect the wealth for future generations. Family Office Fundamentals will guide you through learning how a family office operates and the wide variety of investment opportunities available. It will also aid you in recruiting and retaining a family office team that will help you achieve your own vision for the family office.
3. Existing family office professionals
Whilst this book is essential reading for family office novices, it also has plenty to offer existing family office professionals. We have compiled quotes from a range of family office advisers, practitioners, subject matter experts and Principals themselves. As a result, it provides a glimpse at the variety between family offices and will prove to be a useful tool, you may be particularly interested in the chapter on compensation.
About the author
Twice voted one of the top 100 most influential in the Family Office sector by Family Capital, Mark Somers is a member of the judging panel for the Spears 500 and has won Outstanding Contribution
to Wealth Management thought leadership in The Wealth Briefing awards 2021.
Mark founded The Somers Partnership in 2005 with his wife, Jo, and they have grown it to become one of the leading
recruitment firms serving some of the largest and most prestigious private family offices around the
Published by Independent Publishing Family Office Fundamentals is Mark’s second book. His first, How to Work for a Billionaire, provided career advice to many leading family office professionals and those looking to attract talent.